Everything You Need To Know
Saving The World With Utilities, One Charity At A Time.
Willdiffer is a smart price comparison website for people looking to change their utility products. When customers switch, we donate to charities that are close to the hearts of our customers. It is our primary goal to donate one billion pounds to UK charities.
There are other utility price comparison websites out there, but none manage to put both utility customers and charities as their centre. We have the same prices as other price comparison sites; we just choose to do something better with the profits.
UK customers get a raw deal when it comes to utilities. Willdiffer takes this challenge on to ensure you always get the lowest deal possible. We want the best deals for consumers, not providers.
We don’t stop there. Part of the Willdiffer mission is to change how businesses are run, pushing for greater social responsibility and impact. We are social activists that believe that businesses have the power to change our lives for the better.
How We Work
Obtaining the best utility deals
- We get the best deals from all the providers, they give us better deals than you can often get by going direct.
- We give you all the prices in advance, so you know exactly what the costs of your contract are going to be.
- Each donation is clearly displayed, so you know exactly what you will be donating.
- Each provider pays us differently, we always give away half to charity.
Working with charities
- We have lots of charities to choose from, as people care about charities that are close to their hearts.
- When you sign up, the provider tells us you have signed up via us, we then email you to tell you this has happened and confirm how much we are going to donate to your chosen charity.
- When your utility switch is live, we then get paid and make the donation on your behalf.We then pass the donation information to you.
A smarter switching service
- We are constantly improving our comparison to make it smarter, clearer and easier to understand.
- We don’t sell our price comparison rankings to the highest bidder, so you can switch without being deceived.
- We don’t see why you should pay more that the end of your contact, so we will remind you when you are at the end of your contract.
How We Got To Where We Are Today.
- “We can solve world hunger today if we really wanted to, we have the means to do so.”
- One long conversation followed by a lot of thinking. Murray Dare (our founder) decided: if no one else is going to try and tackle these problems, then I am going to try.
- In late 2015 Murray started learning how to code in the evenings, developing ideas for a company.
- In 2016, he quit his job in the telecoms industry to build a better business model for people looking to switch their utility products. Willdiffer was born.
- As Willdiffer developed, Murray combined switching utility products with his other passion; donating to charity and driving serious social change through businesses.